YMCA OF CHIANGMAI
- Y'S MEN CHIANGMAI
- Northern Women's Development Foundation
- The YMCA for Northern Development
- Y’s Men’s Club
At the YMCA Language School we are proud to offer the following English courses. These courses have been designed to suit all ages, abilities and nationalities.
A. ENGLISH FOR CHILDREN
1. B Starter - B4: An introduction to basic English for children of all ages.
2. Y1 - Y12: These English courses focus on improving the students understanding of grammar as well as actively encouraging the students to interact with their English speaking Thai teacher and their peers in spoken English. The aim of the Y-classes is to improve the students skills in the 4 major areas needed to facilitate language acquisition (speaking, listening, reading and writing). Y5-Y12 students will have an opportunity to practice listening and speaking skills with a native English teacher.
3. Y13 - 14: Reading Program - These courses have been designed to encourage the students to read English text in various forms such as text books, magazines and newspapers. The students learn new techniques to enable them to write and comprehend English text in a fun and exciting way.
4. We are kids: Students are actively encouraged to interact with their native English teacher and their peers in spoken English. The aim of the "We are Kids" courses is to improve the students skills in the 4 major areas needed to facilitate language acquisition (speaking, listening, reading and writing)
5. Vocab Plus: This course is for students who want to enhance their speaking and writing skills through the acquisition of more advanced vocabulary.
6. Grammar one two three: This course focuses on the use and form of English grammar.
B. ENGLISH FOR ADULT
There are 2 main categories:
1. Basic English for Adults: This is for adults who have none or have basic education in English. There is a pre-beginner course followed by the beginner course that has a further 12 levels. Students who have basic English skills will need to do a placement test prior to studying with their peers. The aim is to encourage the students to interact with their English speaking Thai teacher and to enable them to improve the 4 major skills required to facilitate language acquisition (speaking, listening, reading and writing)
2. English Conversation: These courses have been designed for students who want to improve their English speaking skills. The aim of these courses is to encourage and build confidence, so that the students can converse in spoken English without trepidation and to put the theory they have been taught into practice. These classes are very interactive. Students are actively encouraged to offer their opinions on a wide range of subjects. There are 12 levels available and they are taught by a native English teache