Northern Women's Development Foundation
NORTHERN WOMEN'S DEVELOPMENT FOUNDATION
Half of the population in every region is women. To develop the community to be effective, it depends on the development of the role and ability of women to participate in every level of development. The Northern Women’s Development Foundation was founded on May 26, 1989 after realizing that there are many underprivileged women who have not been encouraged to develop their abilities. Moreover, northern women development organizations are still continuously facing the problem of encouraging the target group. Therefore the Northern Women’s Development Foundation’s aim is to mobilize cooperation between every level towards women especially those who are underprivileged and suffering. This is also to encourage the community to realize women’s problem and to participate in promoting the role of women so they are more able than before to solve community problems.
- To give advice and assist women regarding legal issues, family problem, spirit, psychology, and personality problems.
- To promote and support women to understand their way of life, maintain customs and cultures so they will love their own native area.
- To be a centre for building/ mobilizing the relationship and assistance from women groups who have a better social status with women group who have a lower social status.
- To co-ordinate with person or GOs and NGOs in planning and operating the women’s development in 17 northern provinces.
- To encourage women to know their rights and responsibilities towards their own community
- To cooperate and coordinate with other charitable organizations for the benefit of the public.
- There is no politic involvement or motivation
- To operate or coordinate with other charitable organizations for the benefit of the public
- Training, campaigning and expanding the development work.
To provide training to women in order to help them realizing their own importance in community development and so be able to participate in decision making to improve the community socially, economically and environmentally. To campaign and disseminate about the problem affecting women and their working experiences via study groups and other aids
2. Assisting Women’s Network
To give advice, assistance and coordinate women’s networks to take more role at different decision - making levels in order to solve problems socially, economically and environmentally.
3. Vocational Training and Marketing Support
Provide training to women who may or may not have the basic knowledge and skill in order to be able to use raw material from their local areas to produce goods for increasing their family income. Provide assistance for market outlets of products made by target group.
4. Rural Development Fund
To support activities and solve community problems by providing a revolving loan fund to a group which will be responsible together to pay back the fund with the fees so that the fund will be able to assist other women in following years. To act as the coordinator in supplying the funds to help village development projects such as water well making, bridge, a child care center, agriculture, handicraft, etc.
5. Document and research Center
Collecting, disseminate, exchange and lending service for information on women’s issue including conducting research study concerning problems, roles and the participation of the Northern women in development work.
6. Nutrition and Health Promotion
To providing knowledge on nutrition appropriately for different ages, especially for the pre-school age and the elderly with emphasis on healthy food and local herbs while promoting voluntary work of all family members for the benefit of the public.
7. Cleft lip, cleft palate repair and rehabilitation project
To mobilize and coordinate with resources for funding, technical assistance and expertise to repair and rehabilitate of the clefts in order that they could well integrated in their community normally as well as sharing good practices to the neighbouring counties
1. Mrs. Patcharawan Srisilapanan Chairperson
2. Mrs. Yuvadee Kantakalung Vice-Chair
3. Ms.Phanomwan Yoodee Secretary-General
4. Ms. Patcharin Aviphan Treasurer
5. Mrs. Kheuankam Singhanetr Committee member
6. Ms. Sodsri Boontanuwang Committee member
7. Ms.Tanyaratch Sampanthawong Committee- member & Secretary
- Mr. Rachan Maneekarn
- Dr. Witoon Yongmetawut